Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Regressing

Not rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor finals can stop Paulywog from playing
I find that as the weather gets nicer and graduation nears, my attention span is dwindling.  In college, I could spend an entire day working.  Literally.  16 hours or so.  Jill can vouch for that.  I was so focused and studious that I graduated in 3 years.  Now I have to force myself to focus for 30 minutes and then take a break.  Even during those 30 minutes I get distracted with email, facebook, NYtimes.com, etc.  I literally have the attention span of a squirrel, which I've heard is about 1 second.  Think about it, when was the last time you saw a squirrel focus on something for more than a second?

NYC is very green today
The past few weeks have also been a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me.  Apparently I cope with that by regressing from a mature adult into some sort of silly, frivolous child.  I just want to play and do fun things all day.  I am trying very hard to suppress that and just focus (FOCUS, dammit!) on my last assignment before graduation.

There were other things I wanted to vent about in this post.  Namely my dumbass neighbor who won't neuter his increasingly aggressive bulldog because it threatens his own manliness, the final exam I just took asking me to recall the totally irrelevant name of an obscure province in China, the totally stressful commencement speaker competition, and some other things.  But alas... SQUIRREL!

4 comments:

  1. Pauly is always so shiny..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauly looks soooo cute in a raincoat! I hope the EHS exam went well!!!
    Hugs,
    Super

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Pauly loves his raincoat. Too bad his head is so big that the hood doesn't fit! He's shiny because it's raining and he's all wet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What province??
    If it's Qinghai, Xizang, or Gansu,
    then I've got a bone to pick with you!

    ReplyDelete